Thank you for your interest in booking a safari with Galloping safaris Ltd®
We operate with the highest degree of integrity and the single most important element of our business is our reputation and your 100% satisfaction. Below is a listing of steps we have taken to protect your trip and provide you with complete peace of mind. Additionally, it is important that you ultimately speak with a few of our past customers to learn first hand about our truly unique and highly customized private safaris. Please let us know if you would like to receive a list of references.
1. TATO, ASTA, EAWC & TTB Member – Galloping Safaris is a licensed member of the Tanzania Association of Tour Operators (TATO) and Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB). The Tanzania Association of Tour Operators was established in 2001 to maintain high standards and quality among its members and to promote socially and environmentally responsible tourism products in Tanzania. We urge all travelers to Tanzania to make sure their chosen tour operator is a licensed member of TATO and TTB.
2. Keeping Payments in Trust – Galloping Safaris deposits all payments received into a trust account held by Barclays Bank (T) Ltd behalf of you the customer. We only disburse these funds to the applicable suppliers when necessary. We do not use payments from one customer to buy travel on behalf of another or to pay for rent, overhead, or any personal use, until such time as we have delivered to you the services you have purchased.
3. Protect your Trip with Travel Insurance – We strongly urge all clients to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
2. BOOKINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking Terms and Conditions
Placement of an order with Galloping Safaris is taken as acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
1. Reservations and Payments – Payment of a non-refundable deposit in the amount of 30%, along with a completed and signed Reservation Booking Form and Travel Insurance Acceptance Form are required in order to confirm your reservation. Upon receipt of deposit and reservation booking form, we will, subject to availability, reserve your place on your selected safari. In the event that any accommodation is not available we will substitute a comparable property or adjust the itinerary if necessary without compromising the integrity of the overall safari experience. The balance of the safari price is due not later than 90 days prior to departure. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and must be paid in U.S. dollars.
If the balance due is not received by the due date we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Appropriate cancellation charges may be levied. All bank charges are for client to bear.
2. Cancellation and Refund Policy – Cancellations are only effective upon our receipt of written notification, signed by the client. If cancellation is made prior to 90 days before departure, your 20% deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment of your trip fare, additional charges will be levied. The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the trip price, is as follows:
- More than 90 days notice prior to departure date – Deposit forfeited
- Less than 90 days notice prior to departure date – 50%
- Less than 50 days notice prior to departure date – 100%
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no tour fare refund will be made. Some airfare may be non refundable. There will be no refunds from Galloping Safaris for any unused portions of the tour. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made via Galloping Safaris
3. Insurance – It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependants and traveling companions for the duration of their tour to Africa. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Galloping Safaris will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or guest’s dependants or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage. A Travel Insurance Acceptance Form must be completed and returned to Galloping Safaris as a condition of travel.
4. Medical and Health – Participation on a safari or tour to East Africa requires that you be in generally good health. All guests must understand that while a high level of fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in all African safaris and tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us well before departure. Anti-malaria precautions should be taken, and these are the sole responsibility of the client. Galloping Safaris will not assume responsibility for the accuracy of any medical information. You should consult your doctor for up to date requirements and personal recommendations.
5. Airfares and Delays – Airfares are subject to change without notice prior to ticketing. Galloping Safaris is not responsible for any airline schedule or airfare changes, cancellations, overbooking or damage or loss of baggage and property. Any and all claims for any loss or injury suffered on any airline must be made directly with the airline involved. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. These schedule changes are beyond the control of Galloping Safaris and any resulting additional costs must be borne by the guest. Galloping Safaris shall not be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule.
6. Information – Galloping Safaris takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from any shortfall, error or omission in the information passed to the customer during the course of the sale or subsequent delivery of the product.
7. Itinerary Changes – Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules, it should be noted that occasionally routes, lodges and camps may be changed while on safari as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, or airline or other booking problems, etc. Galloping Safaris shall not be held responsible for such itinerary changes as discussed above.
8. Specific Accommodation – While our operators use their best endeavors to ensure that all reserved accommodation is available as planned, Galloping Safaris shall not be held responsible for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is found.
9. Wild Animals – Please be aware that our safaris may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Galloping Safaris shall not be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari. Please note that many safari lodges and camps are not fenced and that wildlife does move freely in and around these areas. Always follow the safety instructions from the lodge or camp’s staff with regards to moving to and from your tent and while on game activities throughout your safari.
10. Guest Representation and Consent – The person making any booking with Galloping Safaris, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability of the total price of all bookings made by him/her.
The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes a consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions contained herein whether the guest has signed the booking form or not.
11. Assignment – This contract may not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party.
12. Severability – If any term of this contract is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected.
13. Governing Law – The validity of this contract and of any of its terms or provisions, as well as the rights and duties of the parties under this contract, shall be construed pursuant to and in accordance with the law Government of Tanzania. The parties specifically agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Tanzania’s, Dar Es Salaam.
14. Entire Agreement – This contract supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract. This contract contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract, and each party acknowledges that no representation, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except the covenants and agreements embodied in this contract. No agreement, statement, or promise not contained in this contract shall be valid or binding between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract.
15. Increase in Costs – Tour costs quoted are current and are subject to change should there be any increases related to national park fees, lodging rates, governmental fees and taxes, internal airfare, airport taxes, visa fees, third party services or any other circumstance beyond our control.
16. Vehicle. The Company undertakes to run the Safari at the agreed Itinerary and price. The clients hereby agreed to abide to the same. If a client becomes unwell after departure, no refund will be given.
In case of major breakdown a rescue vehicle shall be sent immediately, minor problems that can be repaired will be dealt with to allow the safari to continue.
17. Flying Doctor Service
Each Galloping Safaris client will automatically be registered as a member of ‘The Flying Doctor Society’ (AMREF) in East Africa. Applicable charges will be included in the cost of the tour arrangements. AMREF emergency Air Evacuation is limited to safaris in East Africa.
Print name I……………………………………………………….
Have carefully read this agreement and release from liability and understand its contents. I am aware that I am releasing my legal right by signing this agreement and am bound by it and sign it of my own free will.
Sign Clients………………….. Date…………….. Sign Office………………………
All text, photographs and maps remain the sole property of Galloping Safaris and may not be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the prior written consent from the company.